I agree to:
1. Operate within the rules and spirit of the sport of Jujitsu and Ne-waza (BJJ) and other forms of competition as set down by or agreed to by the Australian Society of Ju-Jitsuans (ASJJ).
2. Respect the rights and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, ethnic origin, or religion.
3. Within the scope of my role Official/Administrator or Competitor - Provide a safe and healthy environment for competition, ensuring that equipment and facilities are appropriate and meet safety requirements, placing the safety and welfare of the competitors above all else. In the event of injury, show concern and caution towards a sick or injured player and encourage players to seek medical advice when required. Allow further participation only when appropriate.
4. Act with integrity and be consistent and impartial when making decisions and not to allow prejudice, conflict of interest, or bias, to affect my objectivity, accepting responsibility for my decisions and actions.
5. Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviours and skills, addressing unsporting behaviour and promoting respect for all people.
6. Act honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of the sport, displaying control and courtesy to all involved with the sport.
7. Conduct my responsibilities with due care, competence and diligence and respect the judgement and decisions of officials, coaches, and administrators in the conduct of the sport.
8. Ensure that any information acquired, or advantage gained from my involvement is not used improperly.
9. Support the Australian Society of Ju-Jitsuans and not to act in a manner that may be prejudicial to the Australian Society of Ju-Jitsuans, its objectives, or the rules and codes of conduct governing membership and or participation in competition, or in a manner that could bring the ASJJ, into disrepute.
10. Ensure that any physical contact is appropriate to the situation. Wherever practical, avoid unaccompanied and unobserved one-on-one activity (when in a supervisory capacity or where a power imbalance will exist) with persons under the age of 18 years.
11. Comply with the Member Protection Policy of the ASJJ and refrain from any form of harassment towards others this includes sexual, and racial harassment, racial vilification, and harassment on the grounds of disability. I understand I should not only refrain from initiating a sexual relationship with a student and/or competitor and/or official, but should also discourage any attempt to initiate a sexual relationship with me, explaining the ethical basis of my refusal.
12. Adopt responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs and educate participants on drugs in sport issues in line with the Anti-doping Policy of the AJF.